In just 40 minutes we get you out to the Outer Reef, then snorkel for 1 1/2 hours at our great private snorkelling site. You will be back in time for lunch.
LOW ISLES REEF SNORKELLING TOUR
- Adult Ages 15+
- Child Ages 5 - 14
- Private Charters
- Up to 14 people - Call to enquire
Port Douglas Reef Snorkeling Tour
This whole tour goes for 2 ¼ hours. It takes 15 minutes to get out there on a fast, fun speed boat with maximum of 14 people. You then snorkel for an hour and a half at our exclusive mooring located at Low Isles reef, one of just a few exclusive permits allowed to enter this WORLD HERITAGE green zone sensitive site. Then a 15 minute trip home.
The reef that we visit on Option A is very protected and has a vast quantity of quality corals and abundant fish species, with green turtles swimming nearby in the clear Coral Sea. On this tour you don’t go onto the island, you snorkel from the back of the boat. We own two exclusive permits right on the reef edge that allows just our 2 Reef Sprinter boats to visit this reef meaning there are no crowds at all!
See spectacular corals, turtles, and fish life only 15 minutes from Port Douglas and you won’t get seasick. If it is windy, Reef Sprinter can be an exciting boat ride that may not be suitable for the frail or elderly or people with bad backs, bad necks or who are pregnant.
If you are trying to book online and cannot find a day or time that suits you, we might still be able to help.
Please email or call us on 0408870965 if this is the case.
- The tour starts from our shop in the Marina, 44 Wharf Street, Port Douglas. Our friendly staff will assist you with check-in. On check in, you will be required to sign a waiver form that recognises you are on a speed boat. You will also be required to let us know if you have any medical conditions that might affect your snorkelling.
- You will then be fitted into stinger suits between the months of November and May and wetsuits in June through to October. If you need any extras such as prescription masks or life jackets, we hand out these as well.
- A safety briefing will be done on the boat so this is why it is important to check in 30 minutes prior to the trip time.
- For this tour, you need to bring your bathers, a towel & sunscreen. We provide free bottles of water on the boat.