OUTER GREAT BARRIER REEF SNORKELLING TOUR
- Person Ages 7+
- Private Charters
- Up to 14 people - Call to enquire
Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Tour in Port Douglas
Jump aboard one of our custom-built boats and experience our outer reef tours in Port Douglas.
These purpose-built rigid inflatable boats were built to go very fast. With very deep V hulls, it provides a very comfortable ride and can get you to the Outer Reef in just 40 minutes for 1 ½ hours of the best snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef has to offer!
We allow only 14 people maximum on the boat, to guarantee very personalized Port Douglas Outer Reef Tours. There is an average of 25 metres of visibility on the Outer Reef, very large and colourful corals as well as a great variety of marine life.
The Reef Sprinter boats can be an exciting boat ride that may not be suitable for the frail or elderly or people with bad backs, bad necks or who are pregnant.
- Our Outer Reef trip is very weather and numbers dependant. It does not run every day. If you do book the Outer Reef trip online, there will be a section where you can put your preference for a backup option in there. This will allow you to visit the Low Isles Option A or B just incase the Outer Reef does not run on the day that you book due to low numbers or windy weather conditions.
- The tour starts from our shop in the Marina, 44 Wharf Street, Port Douglas. Our friendly staff will assist you with check-in. On check in, you will be required to sign a waiver form that recognises you are on a speed boat. You will also be required to let us know if you have any medical conditions that might affect your snorkelling.
- You will then be fitted into stinger suits between the months of November and May and wetsuits in June through to October. If you need any extras such as prescription masks or life jackets, we hand out these as well.
- A safety briefing will be done on the boat so this is why it is important to check in 30 minutes prior to the trip time.
- For this tour, you need to bring your bathers, a towel & sunscreen. We provide free bottles of water on the boat.